You might remember when I posted about looking at different fabric samples from Bemz and changing our sofa cover to something a little different from the previous white cover that we had. Well, in the end, I opted for the Rosendal Pure Washed Linen in Medium Grey for our IKEA Karlstad sofa. Linen is the perfect material for a sofa cover, it creates a softer look and gets better every time you wash it. That’s the beauty of this cover, you can put it in the washing machine which is perfect especially living with kids. If they get their mucky hands over it, I can easily put the cover in the wash and it dries pretty quickly. Although I am hoping the grey cover will not need to go in the machine as much as the white needed to.
The dark cover works great against the grey walls and is a great opposite to the white linen cover that was originally on. I have also picked cushion covers in the same washed grey linen that goes with the sofa so that everything blends in well together. Would love big 65×65 cushions against the sofa, this would give it a great luxurious feel and look like its part of the sofa.
With a new year just around the corner, I really want to focus and get a couple of the rooms complete and finished, with lights up and the finishing touches that some rooms are lacking.
In the living room, there are a few things that need our attention and to be ticked off the list. Things that I have just sat on for to long.
1. I’ve gone back and forth with lights for this room. I think I have finalized which ones I would like to put up. Just need to order them!
2. Curtains for the window. When we first moved in I put a blind up but I think the room would suit some curtains hung, which would just finish the overall look of the living room. Also considering switching the blinds to shutters, but that might be a little much with curtains going up.
3. Paint the rest of the doors. We have changed all the doors in the house which means they all need to be primed and painted. I will keep the doors in the Living room grey to blend in with the walls, but the rest will be painted in downpipe from Farrow & Ball as well as the skirting boards.
4. Change the window still too wooden. This is something I want to change throughout, I really dislike the plastic but as we will be extending in the next few years I think this will be a job for them as I imagine walls will be getting knocked out.
5. Look for a storage unit. I still really want the IKEA Stockholm rattan unit and could kick myself for not driving through to Edinburgh and picking one up when they had it in stock. It will forever haunt me! Would have been perfect for my living room and would really break up the grey which is much needed.
6. Change sofa cover which can be ticked off the list, as we have changed it to the Benz cover. Ideally, I would love my dream sofa but that will be again later down the line when I have a few other things in place.
For now, I will enjoy the IKEA sofa updated in the linen cover and enjoy it a little longer. But I will dream of stretching my legs out on a bigger sofa one day!