The colder months are drawing in, and I am on the look out for some staple pieces to add to my wardrobe. A good friend of mine has decided to create a capsule wardrobe for autumn/winter, setting aside a budget to only buy things that are needed. This is a great idea and something I would like to put in place for my own wardrobe. It is so easy to pick a few tops for a couple of pounds that will eventually get donated or thrown anyway. I would like my own wardrobe to be more thought out, more simple and of more quality.
Some things I have been desiring for the change in the weather. All of which is black, my safety colour and the colour I feel most comfortable wearing.
1. Top Shop slim pocket jacket.
2. Acne Studios Daphnee beanie.
3. Weekday Manama black sweater.
4. Carly structure underwear.
5. Casio black stainless steel digital watch.
6. Selected Femme loose pants.
7. Vans Perforated black slip on.
It been a while since I have been done a wish list. I haven’t really been coveting things for the flat, until recently, I would like to change things up a little and what better way than to wish for some lovely new things.
One Nordic Hai ottoma in mosaic charcoal
Menu wire bin
Menu Afteroom Chair
Iittala Aitio Box
Normann Copenhagen Amp Table Lamp
Ikea VILLSTAD armchair
Something a little different today, its that time of year when I want my skin to glow and feel really nice and dewy. I think this is due to the fact that its summer, and also recently I been struggling with my skin, it had become incredible dull and dehydrated. So I did a lot of research and decided to change my whole skin care routine with a little help from reading many posts from Caroline Hirons blog (honestly this woman knows her stuff). I feel like my skin is returning back to its happy self again and I am still following my skin care routine religiously morning and night no matter how tired I am.
Below I have put together a little wish list for some gorgeous makeup that I am currently lusting over and will help create that sun kissed glow.
1. Mac Face and Body: Great foundation for keeping your skin moisturised all day long and very lightweight.
2. Benefit Sun Beam: Skin kissed radiance in a bottle to help give your cheeks that golden glow.
3. Nars Body Glow: Sensuous oil for the body thats gives a chocolaty shimmer.
4. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: Gives the eyes great coverage, hiding those dark circles but still hydrating the eye area giving a luminous finish. I have been wanting to try this for some time as I have heard great reviews.
5. Aesop Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream: A nourishing daily moisturising cream for dry or sensitive skin, a recommendation from Jennifer from A Merry Mishap and this cream has not let me down.
6. Topshop Lips in Ditsy: I love Topshop makeup and this is a great summery colour.
7. Stila Convertible Colour Petunia: Great summer colour which really brightens your cheeks.
8. Nars Illuminator in Copacabana: Light-reflecting liquid to enhance yourcomplexion and create a shimmering incandescence great when mixed with your foundation.
* side note I am not a expert in beauty these are just things that I would like and things I have tired and tested and work on my skin.