I have never been a ‘high heel’ type of girl, I’ve always favoured a flatter shoe or my trusty converse. However, my heart has been won over with these Oliver Sweeney monk shoes. Aren’t they gorgeous? I have dreamed for a long time of owning a pair of monk shoes, and always been a fan of masculine shoes for girls. I think they look great teamed with partially anything and some rouge on your lips!
I particularly love the name of these monk shoes ‘basta’ which is the Italian word for ‘enough’, the cobbler from Oliver Sweeney had enough of the demands from woman wanting the men’s strap monk shoes, so made a version for us. I am so glad he did, as these shoes are perfection to me and of course my husband is slightly jealous every time I pop them on my feet.
A random bunch of photographs from this week. It’s been a busy week so far, with a lot of freshening up happening in the flat with a bit of spring cleaning and painting, aided by the help of the little people.. Today the sun is shinning and in Glasgow we need to make the most of it as it rarely shines, so we are heading outdoors for some fresh air.
1. My favourite scent at the moment.
2. Oliver using washi tape to transform him into a super hero.
3. Freshly painted white walls with frames taken down to arrange a few more back onto the walls.
4. Spur of the moment decisions, I painted below the rail and love it. Also my bargain of the week my Olive tree that I got in a supermarket for under ten pounds. Bargain!!
5. Sebastian’s new wellies. What is it with kids and wearing Wellington boots indoors.
6. New tulips. I have never seen this type of tulip before but love the frills.
7. Sebastian discovering he can climb on the chair. Mouse and key board are now needed to be hid from little hands.
Hope everyone has a great weekend..Happy Friday!!
I was so excited when I was reading Emma’s blog this morning to discover that Merci are now shipping world-wide. Here are a few of my favourite things, I especially love the paper bag and have been longing for one for some time. Of course I placed a small order and cant wait for its arrival.